Updated: Jul 1
Without a doubt, continuous learning, and obtaining new knowledge, ideas, and skills are the key to success in today's world. The job market is in constant flux, with new technologies emerging and impacting different industries and aspects of life.
More than that, according to the non-governmental organization the World Economic Forum, between now and 2027, 44% of workers’ core skills are expected to change, with companies' training programmes falling behind.
In its latest “Future of Jobs” report, the World Economic Forum outlines 10 vital skills that are most in demand right now and 10 key skills that workers and businesses will need in the future to stay ahead of the game.
The report points out that demand for people with creativity will grow faster than for any other skill on the market, leaving behind even analytical thinking and technological literacy.
The top 10 most important skills right now
1. Analytical thinking
2. Creative thinking
3. Resilience, flexibility, and agility
4. Motivation and self-awareness
5. Curiosity and lifelong learning
6. Technological literacy
7. Dependability and attention to detail
8. Empathy and active listening
9. Leadership and social influence
10. Quality control (a procedure or set of procedures intended to ensure that a manufactured product or performed service adheres to a defined set of quality criteria or meets the requirements of the client or customer).
The top 10 most important skills growing in importance
1. Creative thinking
2. Analytical thinking
3. Technological literacy
4. Curiosity and lifelong learning
5. Resilience, flexibility, and agility
6. Systems thinking (a way of making sense of the complexity of the world by looking at it in terms of wholes and relationships rather than by splitting it down into its parts)
7. AI and big data
8. Motivation and self-awareness
9. Talent management
10. Service orientation and customer service